Friday, February 12, 2010

R.I.P. MS Forum



Ironically we just posted about the "musicblogocide" yesterday and were all worried about the blog, but today our forum got shut down because of illegal content...

There was a section with illegal content and search engines could find us (I tried to make us invisible, but it didn't work), so yeah, we gotta accept it....

It was a GREAT community with lots of cool members (thanks to everyone who was active!), around 350 members and 20.000+ posts, so it's really a shame we lost all these uploads, info and posts..

New?
We gotta see if we start a new forum on a new host, maybe on an own host, and what the possibilities are. Of course we'll update you on this blog, so stay tuned.

And to go out in style, here's some emotional trumpet music to cry to when you think of the good times we had (haha):

25 comments:

BenEvolent said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFll9cXo5TA

A time and season for all things…..

Anonymous said...

Dang!
The forum is gone :( after a while I finally had a little time to check it out and now I found about this haha oh well...

Hope everybody is ok, see y'all soon ;)

-dωii

Anonymous said...

we will be back stronger than ever

@ heaps

its sad to see a baby go out like that

and i hope people check back for updates about a new community

Anonymous said...

Funny thing is that I just had the same thing happen to me too. My campus internet requires we use this cisco program as well as take a online quiz and I got caught for "file sharing" certain albums. So now I have to take this course for next week that deals with educating me with illegal downloading.

elmattic said...

That really sucks. Keep us posted.

Kaya King said...

DangerousNewb -LOL, that sucks. But that's still better than paying a fine the rest of your life.

bino_spiewak said...

sad info. but they can't stop You, can's stop us all so we must "do the right thing" and keep head up. it was a good time with good people:) short gold thought for this situation: fuck the system:P

Unknown said...

ain't this some shit. sorry it see it go.

bugel said...

hahah
man this came kinda outta nowhere
all over to UB?!?

Bob42jh said...

its a big shame to lose the community,

but i have faith when the time is right - it will be back stronger then ever

Deltron said...

Damn, sad news :(

bluestarr said...

haw crap. well just moove on over to UB for the time

Tinees said...

Pick youself up, take a deep breath, dust yourself off

And start all over again, nothing’s impossible I have found

For when my chin is on the ground, I pick myself up

"Dust myself off, and start all over again, don’t lose your confidence if you slip

Be grateful for a pleasant trip, just pick yourself up, and dust yourself off

And start all over again, work like a soul inspired, ’til the battle of the day is won"

Anonymous said...

Block spiders with .htaccess not robots.txt.
Host your forum in sweden or some other country that cares a little about privacy.
Don't allow file uploads, have the files hosted on a 3rd party server like media fire.
Good luck

Mladen said...

Oh nuts.
Parts of the site still exist in googles caches, so im going through and saving some of the stuff in there (specifically the cowboy bebop beattape)...
Where is UB?

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear! Thanks for being the truly best source of music I have ever found. I have been following for over a year and a half, and am amazed at how much new/great music was posted. You guys have great taste in music, and will follow the Find and anything else ya'll do. THANKS!!

Anonymous said...

no way!! of all the blogs!! there are hundreds more out there, with more relevant stuff to the big CO's, why MS??

it had a great community, and wasn't all about bloody file sharing.. for me it was about sharing the knowledge.
Anime, movies ect ect

is there any way to revive any of those legal threads?

i hope the regulars make some cyber noise, so we can all hook up again & parlay.

sockdog

philthy said...

aw man.... that sucks big time.

sad thing.

Heaps said...

For those who are wondering:

www.theurbanblock.com

Hopefully we can save some stuff via Google's In Cached!

@Mladen: Do you want me to send you an e-mail, with adresses of people involved in the Cowboy Bebop Project? I think I can dig that up from my inbox...

Mladen said...

Cheers Heaps, that'd be awesome. I know it was ICBM, Daikatamy, DJ Doctor Who, GMJ, Mil, Steroid. Kuroisoul said he might do a track for it but I'm not counting on it with him busy working on his debut.

Anon - Yeah, if you remember which threads you wanted to check, you can search for musical schizophrenia [topic] and you can still view them as google cache files (click the little 'cached' button next to the google result link). Won't be up for long, so get in quick if there was something you needed.

Unknown said...

WAHHHH!!! i didnt even know about the forums. BOOO!

GreenTeaFarm said...

Aww jeez... =[ Sorry to hear about this MS Gang.

Let's not lose confidence ;D

Anonymous said...

too bad i never got to make use of the forum (i never reached my 20 posts).

ps how the flying f^%$ does sites like realraptalk stay up?? are they hosted in a swedish country?

Illoquence said...

Soooo...Is the Cowboy Bebop mixtape out? I wanna know if I should keep working on my piece. Let me know Heaps or Mladen!

Mladen said...

Hey Illoquence, definately keep working on your mix. I'm trying to organise the thing over at Urban Block, but most of the MS crew haven't made the move there yet.

I still want to get it out for start of March. Email us at admin@purgeaudit.com

Cheers, Mladen