Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Moodymann - Black Mahogani (2004)



Genre: Soul / Jazz / Techno / House
Release: 2004
Preview / 2

1. Holiday
2. Roberta Jean Machine
3. I Need You So Much
4. Runaway
5. I'm Doing Fine
6. Shades Of Jae
7. Riley's Song
8. Back At Bakers (On Livernois)
9. Mahogani 9000
10.Black Mahogani

Download / Hotfile

Kaya King introduced me to this yesterday and I'm loving it! Really eclectic stuff this time. Hard to describe, but let's call it jazzy and soulful techno/house. Let us know if you're feeling this kind of music, and we'll dig up some more!

10 comments:

Skully said...

Oh hell yeah, we definitely need more of this good shit!!!!!

Unknown said...

I agree with Skully, this is good stuff :) Reminds me of a Trip-Hop/Lounge version of Jamiroquai. Very chill...

Anonymous said...

fuckin awesome!!

Anonymous said...

You guys have never heard of Moodymann before?! O_o

What planet have you been on all this while??

Oh, you should check out his remix of Jose James' Desire ... epic stuff. (I have it on 12" limited press :D )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHNZy-9u2FU

Heaps said...

@Anonymous: Thanks for mentioning that track! Found a compilation with an MP3 of it, sounds VERY nice indeed!!

Word said...

This is dope as fuNk.

RapFan said...

If you like Moodymann, check out Theo Parrish, Carlg Craig, Floating Points and Kyle Hall. These guys (first two) are genius. And the others are turning heads despite their young age. They are also good at beatmaking which makes it even more appealing.
Pepe Bradock comes to my mind as well.
Just great music.

Anonymous said...

yo heaps...

can you post this album on zhare or smth....can seem to download it from rapidshare

Anonymous said...

bring it! love eclectic electronic shit

robbie said...

its DEEEEPPPPPP