Sunday, September 19, 2010

Moodymann - Silence In The Secret Garden (2003)



Genre: Detroit House / Jazz / Soul
Release: 2003
Preview

01. Entrance 2 The Garden
02. People
03. Backagainforthefirsttime?
04. LIVEINLA 1998
05. P.B.C.
06. Shine
07. Yesterdays Party Watta Bout It
08. Silence In The Secret Garden
09. On My Way Home
10. Sweet Yesterday (Feat. Pitch Black City)

Download

Comments on our previous Moodymann post were very positive, so that's why I decided to post some more stuff today to cheer up your lazy sunday. Lots of jazzy/soulful samples combined with a house/techno sound. Just check it out, I'm sure you'll love this!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

on the moodymann's label "mahogani music"

Andrès - II

http://www.discogs.com/Andr%C3%A9s-II/release/2059228

I think is perfect for this beautiful blogspot

fabio

Anonymous said...

Hey man, can you also post his album "silent introduction" on here.

Thanks!

Heaps said...

@Anonymous1: Yeah that's a great one! Will post that on a later date.

@Anonymous2: Here you go :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/164346255/Moodymann_-_Silentintroduction__PE_65234_CD_.rar

Anonymous said...

^^Thanks bro.

Anonymous said...

Already have this CD, but kudos to you guys for putting this up. (I'm the one that mentioned his remix of the Jose James track in comments section of the previous Moodyman post, btw)

If you're really into this sort of house/techno/electro/deep-disco, might I recommend "Trus'me - Working Nights" and "Trus-me - In The Red" . They're a bit more recent (2008 & 2010) and have a mighty fine vibe to em.

You can find em online if you google hard enough. You won't be disappointed, trus'me ;)

Heaps said...

@Anonymous3: Thanks a lot, definitely downloading!!! And yeah I love(d) that remix...thx.

Anonymous said...

@Heaps

Anonymous3 here,
Now that I think about it, Working Nights is probably more your thing than In the Red... Working Nights has a deeper vibe to it, while the later release feels a tad 'mainstream' at places.

Before I forget, you might wanna check out a label called Mule Musiq http://www.mulemusiq.com (click on links section)

It's a Japanese-German collaborative type outfit.They have some of the best producers on the planet there. Moodymann had a few releases with em, and other notables include Force of Nature (familiar?), Kuniyuki Takahashi and Terre Thaemlitz (Midtown 120 Blues)

The genres are quite diverse, though all are somewhat electro related. Some are jazzy and chilled (Kuniyuki Takahashi, Koss) and some have more of a club/prog/deep-house vibe (Stefan Goldman). The releases might be hard to track down, but I'm sure you have your 'sources' ;)

Also, while not as soulful as their older stuff, the current Buzzin Fly (http://www.buzzinfly.com/) remains one of the classiest and most respected labels in the electronic music scene. It's owned by Ben Watt (the male half of Everything But The Girl). A good place to start are the mix-albums (Buzzin Fly Vol 1-4 ). Give em a chance, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Cheers~ ;)

Heaps said...

Thanks a lot man, appreciate the extended recommendations!! Will dig for some of that stuff soon.

Not every visitor on MS seems to like this kinda music, but I'll post some regularly (also some of the things you recommended).

Thanks again!

- Heaps

Anonymous said...

Can't get enough of moodymann... the mysterious detroit dj