Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Toe - Cut_DVD (2010)



Genre: Postrock / Japan
Release: 2010
Preview

1. ショウシツ点よ笛
2. Everything Means Nothing
3. 孤独の発明
4. I Dance Alone
5. エソテリック
6. Say It Ain’t So
7. Two Moons
8. You Go
9. ラストナイト
10. 1/21
11. モスキートンはもう聞こえない#1
12. モスキートンはもう聞こえない#2
13. After Image
14. Velvet Blanc
15. Tremolo+Delay
16. Our Next Movement
17. Leave Word
18. I Do Still Wrong
19. Past & Language
20. グッドバイ [Encore]
21. New Sentimentality [Encore]
22. Long Tomorrow [Encore]
23. Path [Encore Again]
24. グッドバイ [Music Video]
25. After Image [Music Video]

Download / Buy

Thanks to Port87 for uploading this DVD! Took him a long while, so please say thanks if you enjoy this!! An album by Toe can be found here.

"DVD release from Japanese post-rock band toe featuring footage from their concert performance on February 15, 2010 at Shibuya O-East."

UPDATE: And for those who want the RGB DVD by Toe as well, here you go (uploaded by Port87 as well).

3 comments:

Tinees said...

Good Stuff..! Still a Fan!!

Thanks

Gutterslob said...

Been a fan of them since I saw a gig in Yokohama. Manchu Pichu Industrias (their record label) should rule the world!!

I already have this DVD, and it's utterly fantastic. One of the best live performances I've ever seen.

They combine such lush tones, technical prowess and universalism (I've yet to meet a person that's heard toe and says they dislike them). Hands down the greatest drummer in the universe, and I'm not the type to bestow the term "greatest" lightly. The dude literally sings through his sticks and skins.

Only niggles are the 2 (or was it 3?) tracks with vocals. The musicianship is as flawless as ever, but the vocalists just don't sound right, imho.

Personal highlights for me on this DVD are Kodoku No Hatsumei, Our Next Movement, New Sentimentality and Everything Means Nothing.

Anyway, I'll shut up now >_<

Oh, you guys might like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIFEZJ13Qn0&feature=related

P.S
@Heaps
If you like these guys, you HAVE to check out Mouse on the Keys (on the same label)
Seriously, if this song were the soundtrack to my life, I'd be a better man.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaHHwOTHeBY

Heaps said...

@Gutterslob: Yeah we've posted Mouse On The Keys once (or twice) on the blog before, good stuff!!