Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Don't Sleep On... #58: Sotu The Traveller - Daydreams EP (2007)


Genre: Hip Hop / Soul / Jazz
Release: 2007
Preview / 2 / 3

Tracklist:
1. Daydreams
2. Bridges & Raps
3. Global Corner Conversation
4. Flow
5. Let Em Know
6. Skyscraper

Download

For me this was the dopest release from Appletree Records, which was a label for hip hop, soul & jazz from Holland. Too bad they had to quit because of financial problems. Their stuff was so hard to find in stores it didn't come as a surprise. I believe there was only 1 store in Amsterdam that sold this.

Really great hip hop with lots of soul and jazz influences. Must-have!

9 comments:

Heaps said...

Yeah Appletree was great, too bad it didn't work out! Louis Bordeaux was my second favourite artist on there.

Riekele said...

A-MA-ZING album by Sotu with some of the best jazz samples I know. Funny you post it right now since I recently found the vinyl at the used section at Concerto (I already own the cd version). I was happy as a kid with it..

Björn said...

Wow nice, you are lucky :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this. trying to find his Hourglass album as well.

Björn said...

I've got it, just need to upload it. I'm gonna put it up next

Björn said...

Or wait, the EP i can't find yet. I do have "Left" though

Anonymous said...

I've got left.thanks for trying. I'll keep looking.

Anonymous said...

forgot to add the hourglass ep has an amazing remix by Louis Bordeaux.

Anonymous said...

DOPE!