Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Find Magazine Update

Another update about what you maybe missed on The Find Magazine's website www.thefindmag.com:

  • Previews of Speech' The Grown Folks Table (+ Download today!)
  • Ask Nicolay (Foreign Exchange)!
  • Mos Def in Japan (49 Minutes Documentary)
  • EXCLUSIVE: The Find Magazine & DJ Swann - The Beach Cruiser Mix
  • Nujabes, Pete Philly, Noah23, Boots Riley & More
  • Interview with Two Crown King
  • Free Download for new Oddisee EP
  • The Roots' How I Got Over pushed back to 2010
  • Introducing... Modill
  • DJ/Producer LEMS from Japan releases album sampler
  • Slug & Murs in new Felt 3 promo video
  • Upcoming collection of unreleased tracks by Braille (Lightheaded)

And way more! So what are you waiting for? www.thefindmag.com

Sidenote:
- We're looking for next months advertisers! Are you an artist or do you own a blog, site, company or something else you'd like to promote? Read
this for more information and contact us if you're interested!

3 comments:

ansel said...

I think it's great that you launched this project, and the content looks great - but if I can offer a bit of constructive criticism: the site is really difficult to navigate and read, so I don't like visiting it.

Take it from a fellow web designer: you need at least two different font styles, for headings and for main text, which should be a lot darker than it is and a bit bigger. Have a single brown color scheme - get rid of the blue. Simplify and clean up the sidebars a lot. These are some starting steps to take, IMO. Best of luck.

Heaps said...

@ Ansel: Thanks a lot for your feedback, appreciate it! After starting from scratch, we definitely need to improve a couple of things. My own view on the site isn't really objective, but you definitely made your point with your notes.

Thanks a lot! Once we'll work on 'volume 2' of the site, we'll definitely use your feedback! :)

- Heaps / Danny

djadvance said...

I have to agree with ansel, with the added qualifier that the content is great, and I don't mind the color scheme so much. The problem for me is navigability--the header menu organizes your content in a somewhat non-intuitive way.

That being said, I think it's great. If you want to go tit for tat and toss some shit back in my direction, I'm working on a new music site, www.onlyamazing.com/home, which you should feel free to badmouth in turn.