
Genre: Hip Hop / Mix / Remix
Release: 2006
Preview
01. Danger Mouse & Banksy - That's Hot
Free Download
Remember this prank street artist Banksy pulled off in 2006? He got 500 albums by Paris Hilton from HMV stores, replaced the original discs with a mix by him and producer Danger Mouse, re-did the artwork and put the albums back in the shelves. So 500 customers who bought the album by Paris Hilton (shame on them), got fooled by this guerilla action.
I never realized there was a bootleg of this mix floating around, but I found it while looking for Banksy's film Exit Through The Gift Shop (Those of you who can rip or find that movie, is my hero forever by the way!). Don't expect a topnotch mix (40 minutes of the same beat, mixed with Paris Hilton quotes), but it's definitely a nice addition to your collection. That's hot.



11 comments:
I don't know how much CD's cost in other countries, but if he did this in the states he'd be at a major loss; 500 CDs, if priced at the usual $12 would cost $6,000 plus tax. Buying CD materials for the hoax would cost another $2,000 or more. And the people who bought the fakes would give her a grand total of $12,000 buckoroos.
Tell me who winner? lol
Oh wait, I forgot to include the people who bought the real album -- nobody in their right mind. Banksy 1, Paris 0.
Always a pleasure to see genius at work
@Anonymous: true, but I think when you see Banksy's bank account, 2.000 dollar is pocket change for him ;) And this stunt/hoax only made him more popular in the States and such.
But I also wondered about how in the hell he bought 500 Paris Hilton CDs.. Little bit suspicious, haha.
Man, when I bought that Paris Hilton album and got this shit instead it really pissed me off.
Love you P.
On a serious note, the track is longer than the entire actual album.
At least they got their money worth, eh?
The movie you're looking for seems to be available over there : http://www.uniquewarez.com/hollywood_movies/255908-exit_through_gift_shop_2010_a.html
Haven't tested it yet, so i'm just assuming it's the right stuff...
DVD's commin out July 26. i made my pre-order
http://www.lovefilm.com/film/Exit-Through-the-Gift-Shop/147027/
i can email you the link once i rip it.
Well don't download what i posted because it's password protected and i think it's a fake... sorry for that.
Exit is definately worth buying if you can't find it online. Its currently showing in my home town in one art-house cinema, saw it and loved it.
I think he didnt buy 500 cds. He just bought one, hacked it, and then made 500 copies. There is short clip somewhere in matrix, showing the whole process. Here are some pix: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharl/sets/72157594266743665/
Peace yall
ok, it´s even on you tube.
Post a Comment