
Genre: Hip Hop
Release: 2010
Preview
01. A Peace of Light feat. Amber Coffman, Angel Deradoorian & Haley Dekle
02. Walk Alone feat. Truck North, P.O.R.N. & Dice Raw
03. Dear God 2.0 feat. Monsters Of Folk
04. Radio Daze feat. Blu, P.O.R.N. & Dice Raw
05. Now Or Never feat. Phonte & Dice Raw
06. How I Got Over feat. Dice Raw
07. DillaTUDE: The Flight Of Titus
08. The Day feat. Blu, Phonte & Patty Crash
09. Right On feat. Joanna Newsom & STS
10. Doin’ It Again
11. The Fire feat. John Legend
12. Tunnel Vision
13. Web 20/20 feat. Peedi Peedi & Truck North
14. Hustla feat. STS (Bonus Track)
Download
This is all over the blogosphere, but it's too good to not post it. The Roots did it again!! Thanks GreenWeedz for the link.
Release: 2010
Preview
01. A Peace of Light feat. Amber Coffman, Angel Deradoorian & Haley Dekle
02. Walk Alone feat. Truck North, P.O.R.N. & Dice Raw
03. Dear God 2.0 feat. Monsters Of Folk
04. Radio Daze feat. Blu, P.O.R.N. & Dice Raw
05. Now Or Never feat. Phonte & Dice Raw
06. How I Got Over feat. Dice Raw
07. DillaTUDE: The Flight Of Titus
08. The Day feat. Blu, Phonte & Patty Crash
09. Right On feat. Joanna Newsom & STS
10. Doin’ It Again
11. The Fire feat. John Legend
12. Tunnel Vision
13. Web 20/20 feat. Peedi Peedi & Truck North
14. Hustla feat. STS (Bonus Track)
Download
This is all over the blogosphere, but it's too good to not post it. The Roots did it again!! Thanks GreenWeedz for the link.



20 comments:
this HAS to be the best roots album in years to me and they have excellent guests ft BLU he on the rise and STS never heard of em but hes dope THIS IS HIP-HOP at its finest to me
Fav Tracks :
How I Got Over
The Day
Right On
DillaTUDE
I've heard about these guys being great but I've never really given them a good listen. This seems like a nice place to start, cheers :)
This is sick. The Roots has got to be one of the consistent groups in the past 20 years.
Was I the only one who thought this was another subpar effort? There's a huge difference between Illadelph Halflife, Do You Want More, and Things Fall Apart compared to their last three albums. They're turning into the U2 of hip hop. "Doin' it Again" is the only song on the album I have on rotation.
GMJ, you're in the minority... this album is dope. 'Doin It Again' is the weakest track in my view. You gonna hate on 'The Fire?' On the title track? How are they like U2 at all?...
GMJ is just talkin out of his ass.
I miss the mellower stuff. The style has changed slightly in that they're pumping a ton of cameos into their work, especially from popular artists from other genres. In the more modern years of U2, they've turned into a band that puts out a lot of "stadium hits." I shouldn't have to really explain this too much though, there are obvious differences in their earlier albums compared to their recent ones. While I think Game Theory was a step in the right direction, I'm just one of the people who prefers one sound over another. I don't know if you can say that this is a minority view, since those earlier albums are considered classics.
Music evolves over time. Are you also the type of person who bashes Nas simply because he didn't make another Illmatic? The Roots have been around for a long time, you can't expect them to sound completely the same as when they first started.
Oh I agree with you, and then I have no problem saying if the changed sound is better or worse than it was previously. Of course that's just my opinion though.
But yeah I absolutely think that you can criticize someone for putting out something that you think is worse than what they've been capable of doing. I can accept that the Roots may change their sound to stay creative. That doesn't mean I have to enjoy it as much.
What is their best album in your view then GMJ?
Hands down the best hip hop album of 2010.... so far....
Hands down the best hip hop album of 2010.... so far....
Hands down the best hip hop album of 2010.... so far....
BE I'd definitely check out the three albums I mentioned previously, but Illadelph Halflife is the one which shines above them all in my opinion.
GMJ is dumb fool! what do you know about music!
The albums you mentioned are like over 8 years old! Bands evolve and that's what The Roots are a band evolving! I love this album and I'm a huge hip-hop and The Roots fan!
If hip hop was left to you GMJ everything would sound the same and old skool!!!! wake up and smell the coffee you dumb ass!
Don't come on here and slag off this album! This is the best album ever ever ever posted on this site!
fuck you GMJ you wack ass faggot!
No offence, but @ the dude above me: the only "wack ass faggot" here is you for cursing because someone else has got a different opinion.
It's a matter of opinion, you can't be 'right' or 'wrong'.
GMJ gives valid arguments and criticism in his eyes, why react with cursing? Let's act like adults and have a discussion, instead of calling out names because someone doesn't agree with you.
If I meet someone who doesn't like french fries as much as I do, does that make him a wack ass faggot? No, it's just a matter of taste and opinion.
Yeah, I've gotta agree with Heaps on this one. You're being hella rude man, GMJ was clear and polite with his argument and I value his opinion. Show a little respect eh?
No hate needed. The roots always lay it down if Quest love is on the bangers. Nice album yet again. Cheers.
"If hip hop was left to you GMJ everything would sound the same and old skool!!!!"
Sigh, a man can dream can't he? :)
I definitely find this to be their best album. I've only liked a select few songs off their previous albums and I like this new style so much better.
Post a Comment