Saturday, October 9, 2010

Foreign Exchange - Authenticity (2010)



Genre: Hip Hop / Soul
Release: 2010
Preview

1. The Last Fall
2. Authenticity
3. Eyes To The Sky
4. All Roads
5. Fight For Love
6. Maybe She’ll Dream Of Me
7. Don’t Wait f. Darien Brockington
8. Make Me A Fool f. Jesse Boykins III & Median
9. Everything Must Go
10. Laughing At Your Plans f. Chantae Cann
11. This City Ain’t The Same Without You f. YahZarah

Download

New FE. Phonte (Little Brother) and Nicolay are back at it again.

10 comments:

_hp_ said...

niceeeeeeeeee man,............

GreenWeedz said...

Very good 3rd LP! Not as good as "Leave It All Behind" though and not even close to "Connected" which still remains my fave album from them! 4 stars out of 5. Standout tracks : The Last Fall, Authenticity, Maybe She’ll Dream Of Me, Make Me A Fool and Don’t Wait.

GMJ said...

I want a shirt that says "I remember when Foreign Exchange was a hip hop group." Well, or whatever would fit lol

Anonymous said...

Phonte is one of the best rappers, but only a mediocre singer. He's good at doing the hooks, though. I bought all of the Little Brother records, but I'm not going to buy the new FE record.

ProSpectre said...

sangin tay aint as good as rappin tay...then I hear Big Shug wants to start sangin...hmm...maybe autotune went away too soon

Vic said...

Hey MS crew:

I have been following ur blog for the past year, and every morning when i turn on my pc, the first thing i do is to check the blog for any new posts. GREAT BLOG! i really love it.

Today i cant help but to realize that u guyz actually have no posts on JABBALOOP. JABBALOOP is a japan-based jazz band and their stuff is pretty mind-blowing if u ask me, i ll attach a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NhOUCJlvJU

I am sure u can find a link no problem. hopefully u like it XD

effujordan said...

If there's anything called "beautiful hip-hop soul," Phonte and Nicolay invented it.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous3 again...

Always been a big fan of Foreign Exchange. Much thanks for sharing. :)

Kurt said...

ProSpectre,

Big Shug has been singing for years, just not that often on record.

Check out "Treat U Better (Prod. by DJ Premier)" from the early 90's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD-y4JGp8mA

Dude can sing. Auto-tune not needed.

I just remembered this joint came out this week. Can't wait to hear it.

It'll be hard to top "Leave It All Behind", which was better than "Connected" imho, but I'm pretty sure it'll still be dope.

premoisdaman said...

@Kujo

Phonte once stated that he had been a singer before he started his rapping career.