Genre: Hip Hop / Jazz / Soul / Compilation
Release: 2011
No Preview
01. A Tribe Called Quest - That Shit (ft. Jay Dee)
02. Wildcookie - Heroine (Main Mix)
03. Blahzay Blahzay - Danger Pt. 2
04. The Kickdrums - Things Work Out
05. Black Milk - Deadly Medley
06. A Tribe Called Quest - Sucka Nigga
07. Bias - Delirious
08. Damu The Fudgemunk - Wonka Beat 6
09. Long Arm - When Children Sleep
10. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The End
11. Shad - Yaa I Get It
12. Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy, Hey Girl
13. Erykah Badu - Honey
14. Ghostpoet - To Something (ft. Rox) (Four Tet Cover)
15. The Turtles - So Happy Together
Mediafire / Rapidshare
After the random Jazzy Goats, MS-related compilations and Heaps Of Old School, I decided to make another compilation. A little more conceptual this time.
The past few months I had an internship in Amsterdam and somehow always when I wake up early, a song is stuck in my head. I don't listen to music consciously before I go to sleep or so, but there's an explanation for it. 'Earworms'.
After a variety of songs stuck in my head while waking up/travelling, I decided to write down the song if I had one stuck in my head in the morning. After basically two weeks, that results in this shortlist of 15 songs!
Most of them got stuck in my head because of one sentence that was on repeat in my head ('it can be a problem', 'drop your gloves OJ', What's your name? JD//What's the name of your crew? It's SV), others just because they are catchy and others because they are great songs in general. And one exception (the last one) because it's fucking annoying...
With that said, hopefully you enjoy this playlist of my unsubconscious mind. Let me know what you think!



4 comments:
great idea Heaps...excited to put an ear to this one...
like usual, always on point! your posts are legendary
Thanks for sharing Heaps, some of the tracks are real diamonds while i for myself don't like the electronic music influenced tracks but thats a question of taste :D
Thanks all! @Nate: Luckily for you there aren't much electronic influenced tracks on this one, with a few exceptions like Chemical Brothers ;)
Post a Comment