Monday, May 16, 2011

DJ Shadow - I Gotta Rokk EP (2011)



Genre: Hip Hop / Electronic / Instrumental
Release: 2011
Preview

1. I Gotta Rokk (LP Version)
2. I've Been Trying (LP Version)
3. Def Surrounds Us (LP Version)
4. I Gotta Rokk (Irn Mnky Swagger Mix)
5. I've Been Trying (Various "I'm Done Trying" Mix)
6. Def Surrounds Us (Rockwell Remix)

Download

New DJ Shadow EP! Thanks to NHK for this one. Haven't checked this out myself yet, but this better be good... I mean it's DJ Shadow, so let's hope so! Looking forward to hear your thoughts on it.

"The almighty DJ Shadow returns to his block rocking finest, with tonights Hottest Record ‘I Gotta Rokk’. Drums of doom mixed with Shadows’ advanced turntablism, once again creates something truly unique from borrowed materials. It’s a true art form."

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thx a lot !

Anonymous said...

my initial thought was "he is back" It sounds like his earlier stuff, which in my opinion is great.

Anonymous said...

I was massively disappointed in his last album. stick to what your good at (epic instrumentals) not (that hyphy crap)

Anonymous said...

"DJ Shadow announced that he was working on new music. Though no release date was given, he assured that "it will sound different from the last one".[13] ....

On May 10, 2011 DJ Shadow confirmed via his Facebook page and official website that his new album, entitled The Less You Know The Better, was finished and that it would be released the following September.[14] The same day, he also released a EP called I Gotta Rokk featuring remixed tracks from the forthcoming album."

ChestyBeach said...

Is this is any indication, than "The less you know the better" will live up to it's name.