Sunday, July 24, 2011

Novos Baianos - Acabou Chorare (1972)



Genre: Tropicalia / MPB
Release: 1972
Preview (live footage)//Preview 2 (live footage)

Tracklist:
01 - Brasil Pandeiro
02 - Preta Pretinha
03 - Tinindo Trincando
04 - Swing de Campo Grande
05 - Acabou Chorare
06 - Mistério do Planeta
07 - A Menina Dança
08 - Besta É Tu
09 - Um Bilhete para Didi
10 - Preta Pretinha

Download

One of my favourite albums of all time hands down. This is the highly sought after debut album from Os Novos Baianos. I managed to find a copy when I was in Brasil last year... it is my most prized possession. :)

2 comments:

Ben said...

This sounds amazing from the preview. Thanks a ton. As much as I love everything you guys post that maintains the "Musical Schizophrenia" status quo (which is awesome), deviations such as these are always welcome and loved.

Keep up the good work!

Kamir said...

Glad you dig the South American stuff :) I'll be moving there very soon and will not be able to post as much... but I'll be sure to share my favourite vinyl finds with MS :D