Saturday, November 29, 2008

Eclectic # 1: Damien Rice - 9 (2006)



Genre: Soul / Indie
Release: 2006
Preview

1. 9 Crimes
2. The Animals Were Gone
3. Elephant
4. Rootless Tree
5. Dogs
6. Coconut Skins
7. Me, My Yoke And I
8. Grey Room
9. Accidental Babies
10. Sleep Don't Weep

Download
password: http://sharez.cn
Buy

Yeah, that's right: a new 'section' for the blog! Next to the Don't Sleep On...-series and the (kinda dead) On Repeat..., I know introduce to you; Eclectic.

In this section I (and the other writers if they feel to) will post something completely different. Most of the time nothing comparable to Hip Hop, but something from another genre. If you are here for (jazzy) Hip Hop; then you can skip posts titled 'Eclectic'. If you are open for other music as well; then enjoy!

This time it's a truly beatiful album by Damien Rice. It's the most honest and real music I ever heard, no doubt. Kinda depressing though; not good for when you're in a good mood, but definitely great to play on a cold, lonely, winter-evening ;) Enjoy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

link doesn't work !

Anonymous said...

The download link doesn't work, could you correct it?
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Good choice! Too bad the link does not work (yet). Like Heaps said, do not listen to this when you're in a good mood cuz it'll send you straight back to bed and you'll probably cry too.

Anonymous said...

link is dead

Anonymous said...

ERROR LINK!!!

Anonymous said...

I strongly suggest you listen to his first record, much stronger top to bottom.

Anonymous said...

His debut '0' is far superior to this.

The best thing about '9' is the female vocals on it, from Lisa Hennigan. She just dropped a pretty good pop/folk album called 'Sea Sew', worth a D/L.