Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dela - Changes Of Atmosphere (2008)



Genre: Hip Hop / Jazz
Release: 2008
Preview (ft. Talib Kweli)

1 2:43 Changes Of Atmosphere (Intro) feat. Liza Garza
2 3:32 I Say Peace feat. J-Live
3 4:16 Live The Life feat. J. Sands
4 4:05 The City feat. J-Live & Surreal
5 1:41 Won’t Do feat. Miles Bonny
6 3:35 Stress feat. Queens Connex & Termanology
7 3:53 Long Life feat. Talib Kweli
8 5:08 Veuillez Veiller Sur Vos Reves feat. Les Nubians & John Banzai
9 4:00 Vibrate feat. Blu
10 4:03 How To Fish feat. Reach
11 4:17 The Plan feat. Dynas & Lucian
12 4:17 It Is What It Is feat. Naledge
13 4:55 Chill feat. Large Professor & Meemee Nelzy
14 4:31 Changes Of Atmosphere feat. Supastition
15 3:57 Live The Life (Original Mix) feat. J. Sands
16 4:19 Chill (Lark Chillout Mix) feat. Large Professor

Download
Buy <------- I know lots of blogs posted this, but I post this for a reason; it's fucking GREAT!! Amazing jazzy/soulful album and the fact that the guests are amazing makes this album even better!

Check this out, highly recommended! And do not forget to buy this after you downloaded it!

13 comments:

shiinto said...

^^ i just found this on FS.
Couldn't check the whole album but seems to be very great yet. Very big features! Thanks

Anonymous said...

its really good
go get it

Anonymous said...

Dope album thanks for the link

nexrezo said...

i know dela , he is really sad to see his album on crck when this album are only in sell in japan !

noreille said...

Hi there...

Some people call me noreille. I'm a frenchie, a good friend from Dela. I mean, we really are friends. I still didn't put my ears on his album despite our closeness, I'm just waiting for its availability in France. Are you feeling fine with wasting his good work like that? The guy worked so hard on it! He spent all the few money he had in it! And you find it's super cool to post this because it's a great album!?!! I can't believe it... With no intention to insult, I think you guys are not far from beeing lame. How can you publicly disrespect a young and promising emerging talent you seem to apreciate so much? Let Dela take the place he deserves, let him emerge, more than a lot of fake artists he needs money in return of all his self-investment, he's still in quite a precarious situation if you wanna know what's real. You want more quality music in the future? Then advertise for this album instead of spreading it around! And people... Don't miss this album, buy yourself a copy. I still don't know the music despite I'm a close friend from the artist and I respect him madly! I'll be patient and I know it will pay... Please remove this link and stop posting inprint music especially when it's talentuous and autoproduced, you're killing a small young tree that wishes and deserves to grow tall.

Thanks in advance. Reactions like excuses and link deletion would be just fine.

I'm gonna put the same message in every blog that dispatches a rip from this album for the love of a good pal who works good and hard! Damn! Don't waste this rare talent!

Heaps said...

Thanks for your comment, noreille, but I obviously share another state of mind than you.

I offer this to people so they get familiar with Dela's music. If I didn't post this, lots of people wouldn't hear of Dela and would never like the music that much (equals: wouldn't buy the album).

But now they can hear the full album and they can hear the magic of its entirely! They start to love it and I encourage them to buy the album; that's why I also added a link 'Buy' to my post; first you download, then you buy.

I don't make this up, I received lots of mails with people saying they love Dela and they definitely gonna buy the album. There are also quite a few studies who proved that downloads boost album-sales, especially when it comes to lesser known artists. If nobody would post a download for Dela's album, nobody in this scene would get aware of it. So that means nobody would buy the album. But after this attention; I am sure people will buy the album!!

Thanks for letting us know how you feel about it though, appreciate it!

noreille said...

Hi Heaps!

Thank you for your quiet tone despite I was quite upset when I left my comment.

To be franc... I just realized last night while leaving a ton of "support Dela" messages how much "in print" music was so easily available throught blogs...

I'm a record collector whose tastes were influenced by hip hop a lot. I don't really listen to hip hop anymore (exception made of the few quality mixtapes Dela's making for me from times to times) and I'm stuck on 60's and 70's sounds from a large horizon, with and without breaks! Most of the times my blog researches and downloads conduct me to out of print, rare and unreissued material... All these words to say I'm living in my world and yesterday I've just been impressed by the huge number of links conducting to Changes of atmosphere while it's not released in France yet. And I'm still quite shocked...

Well I had a conversation with Dela in the middle of the night and even if he shares this more or less uncomfortable feeling with me, he knows much better than I do that it's a part of the game today... Quite resigned but confident. Take a walk in his shoes... Not an easy thing to accept, while some blogs present undownloadable streaming audio, some dispatch 320 kbps rips... However... I'm also an artist (illustrator) and I felt the need to react after beeing discouraged by the number of blogs that dispatch his album.

So, if I get the thing correctly my man is now a super star... Woah!

Guys, just do what you have to do and what you feel... Anyway, the train can't be stopped, but damn...

... YOU DIG IT? BUY IT! That's the only way to encourage and permit one of the most down to earth and talented guy I know to continue melting our minds with his creative and rich musical approach! It just depends on you hip hop heads! Do it massively! I swear if the album is a commercial failure he'll have to find himself a jobby job and the story has also the potential to end poorly.

Dela's another train that can't be stopped, hopefully.

Heaps said...

Thanks for your reply, appreciate it.

I agree with what you said. I also encourage people to BUY music and go to shows and buy some merchandise and such. I have to admit I download a lot, but when an artists comes to Holland for a show; I am there, I pay for my ticket, I buy some merch and sometimes even some vinyl - even if I don't have turntables. Next to that I buy albums when I have a chance to do it.

And like Dela said, I think it's just a part of the industry nowadays. Maybe it isn't a positive change, but I guess it's just the way it is. Like a manager from an artist once told me: it's the reality and I can't fight it.
I think it is like that; people can try to delete as much links as possible but people will keep downloading music anyway, no doubt about that.

Like I said before, I offer downloads for independent artists just to spread their name so people get aware of it and eventually buy their music/go to their shows (which they wouldn't do when they never heard the music).

Ah well, I don't know man.. Sometimes I am thinking of quitting what I am doing, especially when I receive some negative comments by people (who often make a point), but I still stick to the fact that it isn't destroying the industry, but that it's boosting it.

We will see what the future brings; right now I try to spread the word about good artists (like Dela) with our side-project, The Find Magazine. I will review Dela's album for our next issue, no doubt! Maybe even an interview if he's down with that.

If you are interested: www.myspace.com/thefindmagazine

Thanks again for sharing your visions with us! And if Dela/you really assist that we'll delete the link, then we will. Just let me know; I won't be a bitch about it!

- Heaps

noreille said...

Let your conscience be your guide ;-) and do what you feel is right.

For my part I feel somehow disconnected from reality in my crates of vintage vinyl and won't take position on this matter. My vision of download is restricted to the rare, good and impossible to find elsewhere and if so, totally out of price...

I will check your side project, don't hesitate to contact Dela, like I said it before, he's a down to earth dude.

Sorry, for the hassle, I'm back into my vinyl jungle.

Peace.

Heaps said...

Don't apologize man, glad you told me how you think of it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Noreille, I understand your position but I must confess I'm with Heaps on this one. But see: Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III" went platinum in a week, but guess what? They leaked his album like a month before, and the DJ who did it urged people NOT to buy his album, cuz they could get it for free... but it didn't work, cuz Tha Carter III is close to triple platinum! :) I hope the same happens to Dela! I'm presenting his music to my friends and they all love it; believe me, it wouldn't work that well if I TOLD them about Dela instead, u see, just words... ;)
In the meanwhile, go to www.djbooth.net and search for Dela's "Long Life". It's an amazing song and it's a legal way for you to hear it and show him love!
C ya there,
FredRico

noreille said...

Hi FredRico,

First, I'm glad to see my man Dela is truly apreciated! Then, I think each point of view download-wise is defendable and understandable. The way it is is the way it is, deal with it! And yeah... fingers crossed... success & sales! I have nothing to gain in this story, just want to see my man on the right road: artistic accomplishment. He's talented enough and works enough to deserve this. ;-)

L said...

If i find a record I never heard of a new artist I'll dowload it and if I like I'll buy it because I truly LOVE having my own copy on wax or cd but I won't buy a record before knowing if I'd love it: I used to do it before the download-era and believe me, since I download music I buy dozens of records more than I used to, because I get to know amazing artists.

I don't think it's a matter of dowloading or not: people who usually don't buy records, won't start buying them the day that dowloading'll be forbidden..maybe that day they'll just stop to appreciate and speak about music.

BTW LOVE this work, even if I'm discovering it just today..