Monday, May 25, 2009

Giant Panda - Fresh Donuts (2000)



Genre: Hip Hop
Release: 2000
Preview

01 '88 remix
02 for example
03 say what
04 freestyle at hogans in dublin
05 Ice-T
06 chops (dj alibi remix)
07 sho' improve (live in bozeman, mt
08 japan remix joint
09 just cause (thes one dub)

Thanks to De4r

FINALLY!! I've been looking for this for AGES.
I went to a People Under The Stairs show in (I think) 2006 with GP as support act. I met Maanumental of GP before the show. Really cool dude, but didn't know their music back then. He offered me to buy the Fresh Donuts bootleg for 5 euro's, but I rejected that offer. Didn't know their music and hadn't got a lot of money.
After seeing their show, I was blown away. Without a doubt I afforded a signed copy of Fly School Reunion, but I was too late to buy Fresh Donuts - they just sold the last copy.

Since then I'm an instant fan, with Fly School Reunion in my top 5 (maybe even top 3). Electric Laser was also a good listen, but slightly dissapointing after their classic debut. Eager to hear more of them, I collected featured tracks on albums as S1's Moving Along, DJ Alibi's One Day and others. Can't wait to catch the train and listen to this exclusive EP/bootleg :)

7 comments:

Optimus Prime said...

!!!!!!!! HOW DID YOU FIND THIS!!!???

Isa Al-Abbas said...

Thankx yo.Ive also been lookin for this for a long time.Im also a big GP fan.thankx

Anonymous said...

'88 remix has been on my playlist for a number of years, but I've never been able to get the rest of the album until today. Outstanding find, thanks.

Z

Anonymous said...

Thanx! I also own a copy of Fly School Reunion and I saw them as an opening act of Ugly Duckling. Very dope!

Anonymous said...

Thanx! I own Fly School Reunion en also saw them live as an opening act of Ugly Duckling. Very dope!

Anonymous said...

man i loved fly school reunion
def getting this one
thanks!

light fingered louis said...

Thanks. Fly school reunion is classic. Haven't seen this before. Loving the GP logo on the cover.