Monday, May 18, 2009

Musical Schizophrenia: One Year!

Happy birthday to us!

Today MS is online for exactly one year! I'm kind of surprised that I post this, because I never expected to get to this point.

Let's reminisce, for those of you who don't know us from the beginning:

In May 2008 me and Antonia (online contact/friend) decided to create a blog. Our main reason was our eclectic taste in music, especially Rock/Indie vs. Hip Hop. We were kinda bored back then, so we decided to give it a shot. We are both active visitors of music blogs, so why not start our own? The concept was that I'd post Hip Hop and she would post Rock/Indie, hence the name (Musical Schizophrenia).

As time went by, our posts evolved to more genres (Jazz, Soul, Funk...) and I posted more and more jazzy Hip Hop. Antonia became less active and I kept posting a lot. After a while people where really positive about us and I was surprised; me and Antonia thought we had an extraordinary taste in music, but apparently lots of people needed a blog like this. Since then the team got bigger/stronger/better, we grew from 300 unique visitors a day to 2.000+ visitors a day and I think I have the right to say that our catalogue of music is impressive. More than 1.000 albums, lots of genres, exclusive rips, four compilations and a magazine that evolved from the concept of this blog.

I don't wanna brag, but I'm really proud of the point we're at right now. I met some really cool people (with a great taste in music), our team's doing a great job and I also find a lot of music on the blog that I founded myself back then - thanks to the effort of all writers!!
What's new? I really can't say. I'll create a temporary forum soon, because the Cbox is almost overloaded, haha. More music is coming up (of course) and we keep doing our thing. Several mixes/compilations are coming in the near future and the official website of The Find is in the making. Let's build an empire ;)

Thanks to EVERYONE, really. The love, the support, the comments, the recommendations, the feedback and even the hating - we appreciate it a lot.
Also thanks to the whole MS crew for doing an amazing job. Couldn't do it without any of you!

Stay thirsty,

Heaps

28 comments:

bü said...

haaappy birthdaaay to yooooouuu!

keep up the good work whole MS Team

Suhov said...

Happy B.Day;)
my favourite blog:) peace!

Anonymous said...

Happy b.days people...!
more to come!

-Dωii

chillone said...

nuff respect massive. big up yourself.i hope i can follow your step...haha

mr cheezle said...

congrats, keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday MS!!!

Keep up the awesome work! Look forward to another year of your blog...

Cheers to the best blog on the net!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday MS!!!

Keep up the awesome work! Look forward to another year of your blog...

Cheers to the best blog on the net!!

Clement said...

Happy B.Day great job untill now, continue this way please...

Anonymous said...

happy birthday
i just find your blog a few days ago it's amazing keep up the good work.

Omega Star said...

Many congrats! Stay thirsty!!!!!

Omega Star said...

Congrats on the 1 year! I have to agree, that it was one crazy year for you guys! Keep it up, you guys always have my support!

Stay thirsty!

Timothy said...

Much respect.
And keep it comin'!

T.

blue starr said...

lol you have every right to brag!! this is a great blog.



i bestow upon you bragging rights :P

rick said...

happy birthday MS and many more! thanks

Anonymous said...

It's the gorgeous blog,that I have never saw...keep it up,man...Big Luv From China...

Anonymous said...

It's the gorgeous blog,that I have never saw...keep it up,man...Big Luv From China...

Sphynex said...

all my respect.

Anonymous said...

personally i think its cheating if you put albums up for free download

I.f. said...

damn it been a years already...time fly when fun(to good music)

BenEvolent said...

This blog is awesome! Definitely the #1 place to get good underground jazz and hip-hop, you guys have great taste :D

Marceli said...

thanks for so many amazing albums, best h-h blog ever.

Slim_Fast said...

happy birthday and congratz from the 5 Mics team!
keep up the good work!

Slim

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! :)

Anonymous said...

great site! keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

You guys do an awesome job. :)

Antonia Bitch said...

omgz you actually mentioned me in your post thingy.......... i feel really proud. too bad we couldnt really make it as schizophrenic as we wanted but its great anyways. Too bad I was lazy and now I cant even come back cos people would be like "booooo, what kinda music is this now lol" But the blog is really awesome and i miss you Danny, aloooooooot.

Dudley Mindsweeper said...

Happy belated birthday guys, I really enjoy the music you've shared.

xAstromantic said...

Happy belated birthday!